Monday, July 14, 2008

Chicken Crescent Rolls

Recipe name: Chicken Crescent Rolls
Source: unknown cookbook
Servings: 4
Cookbook date: July 9
Date prepared: July 9

chicken Crescent Rolls

2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
1/2 cup (4 oz) cream cheese
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
2 tbsp milk
1/2 chopped onion
uncooked refrigerated crescent roll dough

Mix together cream cheese, milk, and salt & pepper. Add chicken and onion.
Separate crescent rolls into 4 rectangles and seal perforations.
Put 1/2 cup chicken mixture in center of each rectangle.
Bring 4 corners of dough to center and seal.

Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

Substitutions: I didn't have crescent rolls, but I did have my favorite biscuit in a can, Grands! So I just made 8 smaller pockets instead of 4. I also completely forgot to add the onion. I didn't miss it, though!

This dish was cute and tasty, but it isn't anything to write home about. I found it to be a bit heavy. I don't know, it just tasted Southern! I did like it (Tim barely liked it) and I would eat it once a year. I would definitely serve this to kids, though, because it makes for a great hand-held meal.

value: ***
time: ***
taste: **

2 comments:

Meredith said...

I am VERY glad to see your review of this recipe! There was a similar one posted to Blissfully Domestic this week, and I was thinking of taking it to a family who just had a new baby.

I was already on the fence about the crescent roll dough, but I think you just saved me a trip to the store!

Haven't had time to comment much this summer with my husband and mom home, but I've really enjoyed your new blog.

Feed the Moose said...

Thanks, Meredith! I noticed that, too, and thought it was a funny coincidence (we made these last week and I just had this post scheduled for today). They were just ok, in my opinion, but again, I would say that they are a good thing to have around when there are hungry kids.