Friday, June 20, 2008

Easy Crepes


Recipe name: Easy Crepes
Source: unknown
Servings: 12
Cookbook date: June 16
Date prepared: June 16

1 cup cold water
1 cup cold milk
4 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups all purpose flour
4 Tbsp butter, melted

Put ingredients into a blender in order listed above. Whirl for 1 minute, thats what it says, whirl. Scrape down the sides with a spatula and whirl another minute. Refrigerate batter at least 2 hours. Heat griddle pan over med-high heat until very hot. Pour in roughly 1/4 cup of batter. Spread with a spoon or spatula. Turn when bottom is slightly browned. Cook 30 seconds on each side. Fill with chocolate, whipped cream or fresh fruit.

Tim here. I made one change to the recipe, I used whole wheat flour. We are trying to eat healthier here at the House of M and using whole grains has been part of that switch. It took a little time to adjust but now we are pretty much used to it. That being said there are still some things that are just much better with regular flour. I think these might fit into that family as well.

The recipe was super easy to and quick to make, if you don't consider the chilling time. Which I didn't, so I ended up putting it in the freezer for half and hour. I decided that a half hour of hard core chilling would be roughly equal to 2 hours in the fridge. All in all I think this recipe is a winner. Quick, check! Cheap, check! Tasty, check! You know how the first pancake is usually messed up, well apparently the same is true for crepes. One look at the crepe below from Tiffany and I knew it would be me eating it.
















value: ****
time: ***
taste: ***

No comments: