Monday, June 23, 2008

Salmon with Mango-Grape Salsa


Recipe name: Salmon with mango-grape salsa
Source: Weight Watchers (I think)
Servings: 4
Cookbook date: June 17
Date prepared: June 19

1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and diced
1 cup halved red and green seedless grapes
2 tbsp minced red onion
1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro (1/4 tsp dried)
1 tbsp drained canned jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
1 pound salmon fillet, cut into 4 equal pieces

To prepare salsa, in a large bowl combine mango, grapes, onion, cilantro and jalapeno pepper; refrigerate, covered, until flavors are blended, 1/2 to 1 hours.
Preheat grill or broiler; cook salmon, turning once, until fish flakes. Serve topped with an equal amount of salsa.

Tiffany and I both enjoyed this dish. The salmon was dry but that is my fault. I didn't defrost the salmon completely. As a result I had to cook it longer, drying it out in the process. While the salmon was dry the salsa helped to cover up the dryness and the salsa went very well with the salmon. I think if you have a room temp fillet and grilled it rather than broiling you will have better luck than I did. This is a keeper but we will probably only cook it once a year.

value: *
time: ***
taste: ***

No comments: