Friday, June 6, 2008

Iced Green Apple Tea


Recipe name: Iced Green Apple Tea
Source:recipezaar
Servings: 4
Cookbook date: June 1
Date prepared: June 1

4 bags green tea
4 cups boiling water
1 tablespoon honey (optional)
2 cups apple juice, chilled

  1. Place the tea bags in a pitcher and cover with the boiling water; allow to steep for 5 minutes.
  2. Discard used tea bags.
  3. Stir in the honey (if using), until dissolved.
  4. Add apple juice
  5. Chill tea and serve over ice.
I was inspired to seek out a green tea recipe that I could stomach in light of a recent blog article by someone (I can't remember who....BAD blogger!) on the health benefits of green tea. I think green tea tastes like really gross water. I also don't typically like hot beverages (I will take my coffee iced on the coldest day in January, thank you very much). So I searched for and found this iced green tea recipe. It is simple to make and tastes ok. I still think it is really weak, but I can convince myself to drink this. I also like the slight tartness that the apple juice adds. All in all, this is a nice drink to have in your fridge for those first hot days of summer.

value: ****
time:****
taste:**

No comments: