Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Ham and Cheese Bites


Recipe name: Ham and cheese bites
Source: adapted from Land O' Lakes
Servings: 24-28 individual bites
Cookbook date: August 9


1 cup mild cheese of any type, shredded
3/4 cup finely chopped deli ham
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tbsp sliced green onions
1 tbsp horseradish
24-48 plain triscuits or wheat thins

Stir together all ingredients except crackers in a small bowl. Spread 1 to 1 1/2 tsp of mixture on each cracker. Place on a microwave-safe plate; microwave on HIGH 10-15 seconds or until cheese begins to melt.

I waited to make this appetizer until Tim was out of town, as he would gag eating this on account of the mayo and horseradish. Personally, I thought it was quite a tasty appetizer, and I would definitely serve this at a party. As a person who thinks appetizers can make a dinner when eaten in large quantities, I would also make this again for myself the next time the cat's away!

I used this to chop all the ingredients, and it totally worked, even on the ham!

No comments: